Sunday, August 30, 2009

Healing


This photo speaks a thousand words.


My incredible husband has been through so much in the last 6 years. We have walked through infertility that ripped the heart out of him and then when we thought life could not get any worse, in one of our darkest moments, he lost his Dad. My Big Man was incredibly close to his Dad and his sudden death nearly took him down. It has taken 18 months and only now does he feel like he is coming up for air.


So when I see him standing at twilight looking at the ocean with his little son, I can't help but cry. The two of them together as one, the way we dreamed and hoped for for so long. The way he looks at our little boy reminds me of the way his Dad looked at him. With utter love and devotion.


I know that My Big Man's heart is finally healing and it's just so wonderful.


apple of my eye signature

7 Comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful, heart melting photo and story to match.

PaisleyJade said...

What a beautiful photo - very touching. (re starbucks... we don't have one up where I live so that's why I've never had it before!!! Northland needs a Starbucks!!!)

Gail said...

Simply beautiful Sammy.

Sophie said...

What a moment to cherish and guard as very precious! It brings tears.

Simoney said...

Love it SAmmy! Are you going to frame this one??? It's one of thoe ones that SPEAKS so loud! xx

Andrea said...

What a beautiful photo! What an amazing story you all have and I am so happy that you are finding peace and healing!

Penny said...

So glad for my brotha! Sometimes it just takes longer than we expect. Love ya x