Thursday, November 5, 2009

ONE!

My little boy turned one on Tuesday! I am behind on posting but have been existing in a work- fuelled haze. My mother came over today and so it's 3.15pm and I have got through today's list of things to do. Phewwwwwww....

Anyway, back to the man of the moment.

He's ONE!!!! I cannot believe that we have been living with our hearts desire for 11 months and 2 weeks! How blessed are we???

This time last year was so awful. Would it work out, would it not? Endless stress and trauma. This time last year we had met him once and now were at home trying to believe that it would all work out. The social workers were threatening and it looked it would collapse. But God knew.

The time from today November 5th to November 11th (when I was allowed to go back down and look after him) were the worst days of our lives. And look at us now!!! The same time this year is completely and utterly redeemed.

Joy lives with us and laughs at us when we go in to see if he's awake. Laughter tries to walk and falls over again and again. And love cuddles up to me, looking for his Mommy's touch. Every new stage is a wonder as he grows and matures. Our little helpless baby is a small boy now who knows his own mind and expresses his opinion. Love it!

I am so grateful and feel so incredibly blessed.


apple of my eye signature

1 Comment:

Gail said...

Happy birthday Little Man!!!!
What a precious gift you are!